Thame Solar Streets aims to provide PV panel systems to Thame residents at discounted prices to make it easier and more affordable for homeowners to purchase PV panels with community benefits. Similar schemes have been successful in Frome and Henley, and others are underway in St Albans and Haddenham.
- To have as many Thame homeowners as possible to be generating and using energy from renewable sources.
- To have several campaigns over time and to achieve 10 installations per campaign
- To improve cleaner energy usage locally/nationally
- To reduce local homeowners carbon footprint and potential energy use savings.
- Launched first campaign in October 2020 with a total of 7 installations across Thame
- So far, the project has made an impact of four tonnes of carbon reductions.
- The second phase of the campaign launched on 11 May 2021.
Latest project news
- After the success of the scheme in 2020, Thame Solar Streets is back for a second round. Solar Streets is a community discount scheme to buy solar PV panels and have them installed on your roof, generating free energy for your home from sunlight – even on a cloudy day. Last year seven installations took […]
- It’s been great to see new Solar Panel (PV) installations appearing in Thame, in spite of pandemic restrictions and the wintry weather. These smart, all-black solar panels are generating clean and renewable energy, reducing electricity bills for the home owners, and paying for themselves even more quickly in lockdown (more of that in a moment). […]
- John Scott (co-lead)
- Wendy Duckham (co-lead)
- Anthony Day
- Ad hoc volunteers for support activities