Images for a Greener Thame
Thame’s Images for a Greener Thame is a free competition that aims to create a pool of fresh and relevant images for Thame’s new 2020 Green Living Plan that will help raise the profile of local photographers of all abilities.
You can enter photos in this free competition in five broad categories, which match the chapters of the Green Living Plan.
To enter, send your pictures to email@example.com. If your pictures are very large you may like to use WeTransfer. The final day for entries is 9th March 2020. This free competition will be judged by local photographers Robert Friel and Sarah Minchin, who will chose winners in each category. One picture will also be awarded Best Photograph.
Winners receive no prizes (sorry) but it is intended that they will be acknowledged wherever their photographs are used. The winners will be announced by the RSA Thame Green Living Group and the image awarded Best Photograph will be given prominence by Thame Town Council.
The categories are:
Open spaces, green routes and our natural world
Including any images of cycling, cycle paths, cycling challenges, urban or rural walking routes, walking signage, benches, plants, trees, animals, biodiversity, wildlife corridors etc.
Water and drainage
Including any images of streams and rivers, fishing and recreation, flooding, urban drainage, water butts, permeable surfaces for parking etc.
Air and environment – avoiding pollution
Including any images of car exhaust, car idling, bus and van idling, light pollution etc.
Energy and energy efficiency
Including any images of loft and wall insulation, smart meters, electric vehicles and vehicles on charge, solar panels etc.
Waste, recycling and waste avoidance
Including any images of recycling bins and food recycling, education about recycling, avoiding single use plastic, composting, reducing litter, repairs etc.
Competition rules and details
- We request no more than one entry in each category. So, a maximum of five submissions per entrant.
- Photographs must be in JPEG format and of publication quality, typically 3-5Mb.
- We welcome images that are recognizably Thame, but this is not essential.
- We welcome images that include people, but individuals should not be identifiable or included without consent.
- Entrants must ensure that the photographs they are submitting are their own work, that they own the copyright for them and that they do not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party or any laws.
- Thame Town Council and RSA Thame Green Living have no obligation to publish any images submitted.
Intellectual property rights
Entrants will retain copyright and moral rights in their submitted images however, by entering, all entrants:
- Grant Thame Town Council non-exclusive rights to use the images for non-commercial, community applications and to promote or celebrate the competition the images were submitted to.
- Agree that the use referred to at (a) above may include publishing, displaying or otherwise reproducing the images (whether on publications, the internet, on social media, in exhibitions or otherwise) or for promoting and celebrating the competition or similar future competitions; and,
- Agree that Thame Town Council may contact them using the contact details they provide to discuss potential use of the images beyond the above. Such discussion and negotiation will be independent from the competition and will not affect entrants’ chances of winning.
- Thame Town Council will endeavour to credit the photographer whenever the photographer’s image is used and published by the Council.
- Thame Town Council and RSA Thame Green Living reserves the right to publish any submission in the 2020 Green Living Plan, and any subsequent editions and directly associated literature.
Limitation of liability
Thame Town Council, including its officers and employees, together with RSA Thame Group/Thame Green Living, excludes all liability for any losses and/or damages of whatever nature and howsoever arising to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
About the Green Living Plan
The Green Living Plan has been developed by a group of local volunteers, working as honorary consultants to Thame Town Council. The 2018 consultation plan was previously published and now we would like to have relevant images for the Thame 2020 Green Living Plan, which we are finalising for approval by the council in May 2020. This free competition is wholly supported by Thame Town Council.